Berchtesgaden-Eagles Nest-Königssee-Germany

An escape to the beauty of the alps.
A vist to Hitler's Eagles Nest.
A successful search for Berghof.
A tour on the beautiful Königssee

Hitler's Eagles Nest
In the bunker like area outside the "golden" elevator you take to go to Eagles Nest the decoration is still very Nazi inspired. It feels like a cliché Hollywood move

You who follow know I like man made things combined with nature. I simply love the shape of the iron holding the wood

Another view of the woden bar. Reminds me och Pinocchio

Yes, and there in the distance is Pinocchio again.


Inside the Tea House, which now is a restaurant the wooden panels on the walls really caught my attention. Look at the symmetry!

Well... a trip up here does require a picture of the view. Boring I know.

 Berghof
This is all that remains of Berghof. Hitler's "little cottage".

 
Another view of the foundation of the building that was ordered destroyed...

It was the American troops that ordered the ruin of Berghof to be completely destroyed. Today there is no public signs of where the building once was. You need to search for it.

Have no Idea what this was. Maybe Blondi's (Hitlers dog) feeding bowl...

Königsee
Lets start in black and white. Look how strong the sun was on the roofs of these boat sheds

Classical "Welcome to the beautiful alps-view"

Zoom in on this picture. The little island looks spellbound.

I am holding you tight. You are safe. I will carry you if you let me.

Comments